What is Domain Name?
The domain name is a component of a uniform resource locator (URL) used to access web sites, for example:
Top-level domain: net
Second-level domain: example
A domain name may point to multiple IP addresses to provide server redundancy for the services offered, a
feature that is used to manage the traffic of large, popular web sites.
A domain name consists of one or more parts, technically called labels, that are conventionally concatenated
and delimited by dots, such as example.com
What is an Addon domain?
Addon domains allow you to control multiple domains from a single account. An addon domain links a new domain name
to a directory in your account, and then stores its files in that directory.
You must register an addon domain name before visitors can access it.
How to create addon domain?
To create an addon domain, follow the below steps:
1. Login to cPanel
2. Under Domains > Click Addon Domains
3. Enter the new addon domain’s name in the New Domain Name text box. When you enter the domain name,
cPanel automatically populates the Subdomain and Document Root text boxes.
4. To create multiple addon domains with the same username and different extensions (for example, example.com and example.net),
manually enter a unique username in the Subdomain text box.
5. To choose a document root directory other than the automatically populated value, manually enter the directory name in the
Document Root text box.
6. To create an FTP account for the new addon domain, select the Create an FTP account associated with this Addon Domain checkbox.
When you select this checkbox, additional settings will appear:
-) cPanel automatically populates the FTP Username text box. To select a different FTP account username, manually enter the desired username.
-) Enter and confirm the new password in the appropriate text boxes.
7. Click Add Domain.
How to remove addon domain?
– Select the addon domain which you wish to delete
– Click on remove and confirm