What is redirect?
The Redirects interface allows you to send all of the visitors of a domain or
particular page to a different URL. For example, if you create a page with a
long URL, use the Redirects interface to add a redirect from a short URL to
the long URL. Visitors can enter the short URL to access the content of the long URL.
IMPORTANT: You cannot edit a redirect. To modify a redirect, you must delete it, and then recreate it.
How to add redirect?
To add a redirect, perform the following actions:
1. Select a redirect type from the Type menu.
-) Permanent (301) — This setting notifies the visitor’s browser to update its records.
-) Temporary (302) — This setting does not update the visitor’s bookmarks.
2. Select a domain name from the menu, or select **All Public Domains** to redirect all of the domains that your cPanel account controls.
3. In the next text box, enter the rest of the URL from which you wish for the server to redirect visitors. For example,
if you wish to redirect http://example.com/directory.file.html to another URL, enter directory/file.html in this text box.
4. In the Redirects to text box, enter the URL to which you wish to redirect users.
NOTE:- You must specify a protocol in this text box. For example, http://, https://, or ftp://.
5. Select one of the following settings:
-) Only redirect with www. — This setting only redirects visitors who enter the www. prefix before the domain name part of the URL.
-) Redirect with or without www. — This setting redirects all users, regardless of whether the visitor enters the www. prefix before
the domain name part of the URL.
-) Do Not Redirect www. — This setting does not redirect users who enter the www. prefix before the the domain name part of the URL.
NOTE:- The interface disables the www. redirection setting if you select **All Public Domains.**.
6. Select the Wild Card Redirect setting if you wish to redirect all files within a directory to the same filename in the new directory.
For example, if you enable the Wild Card Redirect setting and example1.com redirects to example.com, then a visitor who tries to access the http://example1.com/pic.jpg URL redirects to the http://example.com/pic.jpg URL.
7. Click Add.
How to remove redirect?
1. Select the redirect
2. Click on Remove